GBAYHA Mission, Vision, and Values
To provide a positive youth hockey experience for all players of all skill levels and ages. This focus will help them develop as players and individuals and also foster a life-long love for the game of hockey.
GBAYHA exists to offer a high quality, affordable opportunity to learn the game of hockey for players in our Green Bay organization. We pride ourselves on providing age-appropriate player development and skill-appropriate coaching. Success is measured by player development and retention, not winning championships.
The following Core Values of USA Hockey are adopted to guide the association’s members in their planning, programming, and play, both now and in the future. While these core values are directed at our youths that play hockey, it must also be implemented by adult volunteers. Coaches, parents, and administrators must all do their part to ensure that these core values and policies are upheld.
- Respect for the Individual
- Pursuit of Excellence at the Individual, Team and Organizational Levels
- Fair and Equitable Opportunities
Desired outcomes from Mission/Vision/Values:
- Improve player development
- Improve coaching quality
- Increase player, parent, and coaching satisfaction
- Increase player retention
- Improve efficiency of board operations
- Improve volunteerism