This registration was created in an effort to streamline the volunteer registration process and keep track of necessary documents required by USA hockey. When completing this registration, please enter the Volunteer's name and address when asked for Player name and address.
USA Hockey Registration
All coaches, board members, team managers and regularly assigned locker room monitors of USA Hockey Programs must be registered for the current season in order to be eligible to coach/instruct any regular season activities or earn volunteer credits as a club volunteer. Volunteers and team managers registration is free. Coaches are required to pay a fee. Reimbursement information is available at the end of this registration.
- All coaches, board members, team managers and regularly assigned locker room monitors must complete SafeSport training annually.
- If you are a 2006 birth year or earlier, you will be required to take the SafeSport Core Training or Refresher Course prior to participation in the 2023-2024 season.
- SafeSport Training and Refresher Training are each valid for 12 months, beginning on 4/1/2023.
- As of January 1, 2018, all relevant individuals who need to be SafeSport trained or are seeking retraining will need to complete the new SafeSport training, which features updated content.
- Once you have completed the Core SafeSport Course, there will be a Refresher Course available for individuals who have previously completed the Safe Sport course and need to retrain. Users completing the SafeSport Refresher course will be trained for an additional season. After completing Refresher 3, you will need to take the Core Training for the next season.
If you have any questions regarding SafeSport, please contact:
Background Screening Verification
Background Screening is valid for 2 years. If you received a cleared screen in the 2022-2023 season, you will not need to submit a new screen until the 2024-2025 season.
USA Hockey will enter your self-registration ID number on the first page of the screening. You do not need to change this number.
If you have any questions regarding the Background Screen, please contact:
2023-24 Volunteer Registration
WELCOME TO THE GBAYHA VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION FOR 2023-2024
This registration was created in an effort to streamline the volunteer registration process and keep track of necessary documents required by USA hockey.
ALL COACHES MUST REGISTER WITH USA HOCKEY AND SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE BACKGROUND SCREENING, SAFESPORT TRAINING, AND APPROPRIATE AGE-SPECIFIC MODULE PRIOR TO ANY TEAM ACTIVITY. COACHING EDUCATION PROGRAM CERTIFICATION CLINIC REQUIREMENTS MUST BE COMPLETED BY DEC. 31, 2023. CLICK HERE TO LOCATE A CLINIC.
TEAM MANAGERS, BOARD MEMBERS, AND REGULARLY ASSIGNED LOCKER ROOM MONITORS MUST REGISTER WITH USA HOCKEY AS A VOLUNTEER, COMPLETE BACKGROUND SCREENING, AND SAFESPORT TRAINING.