Do not attend a GBAYHA practice or game if showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or if family members are showing symptoms or awaiting test results. These symptoms include: fever greater than 100, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, chills, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, headache, fatigue, muscle or body aches, sore throat.
VISIT THE LINK BELOW TO REVIEW THE FLOWCHART. CLICK THE RED BOX TO REPORT A COVID 19 INCIDENT
FOLLOW TIMELINE BELOW.....
:20 Enter rink partially dressed and masked, drop bag in assigned locker room and head to warm up area
:15-:10 Leave warm up area to locker rooms to complete dressing
:00 Enter ice for game. 2 spectators per player may enter rink.
All Guidelines will abide by current county recommendations.
· Players will enter and leave from the Rink doors of only the rink they are scheduled to skate on, Rink 1 lower entrance, Rink 2 lower entrance or Rink 3 main entrance.
· Players should follow instructions and signage as they enter.
· Players should arrive no more than 10 minutes before the ice time start, and will need to leave within 10 minutes of their ice time end.
· Players need to get dressed at home, skates can be put on inside the rink locker rooms, any player that does not want to use the locker rooms may use the open areas in Rink 2 to get skates on.
· Parents and spectators will only be allowed in the rink only for Games, Hockey Initiation Program and Learn to skate. Parents and Spectators should not enter until the game time. Mite protocols will be announced closer to the start of the Mite season.
· Players will need to be able to tie their own skates or where skate guards into the rink. If they need to be tied by a parent or adult, that person should leave as soon as the skates are tied.
· It is now mandatory that face masks be wore anytime you are in the building and off the ice.
COVID exposure procedure: The exposure protocol is posted--see link below. Reporting form is posted--see link below.
Traveling team recommendations:
Teams should not have large gatherings at hotels, restaurants.
Teams should not have pot luck meals.
Players should not gather in groups in hotel rooms, rooms should be limited to immediate family or those the player has traveled to the games with.
GBAYHA COVID-19 return to play flow chart – GBAYHA will be utilizing this Flow Chart to determine if a player or coach will need to be removed from participation and for how long. The flow chart addresses how to handle close contacts, symptoms, and positive or negative results. GBAYHA will be fully cooperative with the local health agencies if contact tracing is needed. For efficiency purposes and immediate mitigation, GBAYHA will work to do initial contact tracing within the direct hockey circle. GBAYHA, while as an organization does not fall on the laws of HIPPA, will maintain medical record privacy whenever possible.
The CDC defines close contact as having spent a minimum of 15 minutes within 6 feet of, having direct physical contact with, sharing food or drink utensils with, or having been sneezed or coughed on by someone with COVID-19.
Reporting – Reporting of a close contact or of a positive test result must be completed within 24 hours of receiving the information. Reporting will need to be given verbally or through electronic communication with the team manager and in writing via the GBAYHA COVID-19 Reporting Form.