skip navigation

SCRIP Program

How Scrip Works with GBAYHA

90% of the rebate earnings go towards offsetting your skaters fees

  • rebates earned after that season's cut-off are applied to the next season
  • You can earn ALL YEAR ROUND

10% of the rebate earnings go to the association to help pay for the SCRIP program administration

if you have any QUESTIONS Please email Sue.

Sue Zernicke

Gbayha Scrip Coordinator

Start Using SCRIP

Our association skaters now have a great new fundraiser that will be used to help make hockey more affordable for our families.

What Is SCRIP?
SCRIP is a term that means “substitute money”. When you purchase SCRIP, you’re purchasing negotiable gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use SCRIP to purchase everyday items like food, clothing, and other essentials, and with every purchase, you earn rebates that are applied towards your skater fees and our organization.
 
How SCRIP generates revenue for you
The Great Lakes SCRIP Center for National scrip and our local scrip clearing house act on behalf of churches, schools and other non-profit organizations to purchase large amounts of SCRIP from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because the SCRIP is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. Our organization buys the SCRIP from Great Lakes SCRIP Center and through our local scrip center at a discount then re-sells the certificates to families like yours for full face value. The rebate amount (2% through 19%) – is split between the skating family and GBAYHA. Your family’s rebate earnings are kept in escrow for your family to use against future hockey fees.
 
SCRIP is "shopping cart fundraising”
SCRIP is a popular fundraiser because families don’t have to sell anything. Organization members produce revenue by making regular household purchases they would make anyway. Groceries, clothing, toys, gifts even gasoline can be purchased with SCRIP.  90% of the associations rebate from SCRIP will directly benefit your skater. The other 10% will go to the association to cover the miscellaneous shipping and banking fees associated with running this program.
 
SCRIP is a great way for families to control their costs. With each purchase, your total earnings will be kept in the association bank account and a record of those earnings in your skaters records. When your next registration payment is due, the SCRIP balance will be applied. You can request a summary of your earnings at any time.  The amount you save is directly connected to how much you use the program.
 
Registering with the SCRIP program
To join the GBAYHA SCRIP program go to:  www.shopwithscrip.com  . The association code you will need for GBAYHA is F8CA98C32L334. Create your account and you can immediately begin selecting your SCRIP items. If our hockey families have friends that are interested in ordering, please order on their behalf and take care of  collecting their money and delivering their orders to them. We want to keep the sign up to people who are members in our hockey association.  Please make sure to read the announcement portions and “what’s new” sections each time you go to order as they usually include helpful information regarding order schedule changes and deadlines.
 
Scrip Pick up and order arrangements will be made through out Scrip Program Coordinator:
 

Sue Zernicke
GBAYHA SCRIP Coordinator
3547 Sandgate Castle Dr.
Green Bay, WI 54313

 
 
All payments will be made through Presto Pay, which deducts from your checking account at the time you place your order. Cost for Presto pay is 15 cents per order. Please review the GBAYHA Scrip Policy posted on this page. 
 
 

I Have More Questions, Who Can I Contact?

Sue Zernicke is our SCRIP coordinator. Please feel free to contact her if you have any questions. Her contact information is below

 

Sue Zernicke

SCRIP Coordinator

Phone: 920-660-7309


SCRIP Information Documents